A crimping tool is required to seal caps. Several types of hand crimpers are available including the adjustable precision crimpers that Chromatographic Specialties offers. Adjustable hand crimpers feature an adjustable stop on the handle to provide consistent seal tightness every time. Adjusting the hex screw inside the steel hand crimper jaws will also alter the amount of crimp. Achieving a good crimp is crucial because overcrimping can cause septum coring, bent needles and create a larger loose seals and sample evaporation.
Features of hand crimper:
- Manual operation with adjustable stops, jaw pressure regulator on operating handle, and cushioned grip for user comfort
- Easy to handle and use, quick and easy seal removal
- Tough crimps are made of special metal alloy to ensure long-term use
- The height of the upper cover is adjustable by screw on the crimphead, with hexagonal
Hand Crimper Usage method:
- 1: Put Stopper onto vial.
- 2: Put flip off cap onto vial
- 3: Take the hand crimper in your hand
- 4: Put hand crimper onto flip off cap
- 5: Press the handle
- 6: Check the effect, if the vial cap can slip,then check step
- 7: If the vial cap is loose, just adjust the claw and crimp the cap again.